International Woolmark Prize nominees online
03 Dec. 2012
Woolmark Prize announces judging panelThe International Woolmark Prize, that will be presented during London Fashion Week in February, 16 2013, has announced its judging panel:
- Diane von Furstenberg, Co-Chairman and Founder, Diane von Furstenberg Studio LP
- Donatella Versace, Creative Director and Vice President of Gianni Versace S.p.A.
- Tim Blanks, Editor-at-Large Style.com
- Franca Sozzani, Editor-in-Chief of Vogue Italia, L’Uomo Vogue Italia and Vogue.it. Editorial Director of Condé Nast Italia. “Goodwill Ambassador for Fashion 4 Development” for the UN
- Victoria Beckham
- Andrew Keith, President of JOYCE and Lane Crawford
- Carla Sozzani, Owner 10 Corso Como
- Linda Fargo, Senior Vice President Fashion Office and Store Presentation Bergdorf Goodman
- Paula Reed, Creative Director Harvey Nichols
- Stefan Asbrand-Eickhoff, Eickhoff Königsallee
prominent Woolmark judging panel
The finalists, who have emerged from a total of seventy applicants nominated by fashion industry figures in their respective regions are; Sophie Theallet from the US, Christian Wijnants from Europe (Belgium), Ban Xiao Xiu from China, Dion Lee from Australia, Dressedundressed from Japan and Pankaj and Nidhi from India.
The prize, $100,000 AUD ($105,000 USD) and placement of the winning collection in top boutiques around the globe including Bergdorf Goodman in the USA, Harvey Nichols in the UK, 10 Corso Como in Italy, Joyce in China, Eickoff in Germany and David Jones in Australia, has generated significant interest worldwide and has evolved into a highly coveted, internationally recognised award, presented by peers and mentors to the future leaders of the industry.
|Back to home|