Andrew Olah, Kingpins producer
24 Jul. 2014
Show report: Tomorrow’s denim was at Kingpins NY
Anyone who wants to know the future of the world’s favorite blue fabric just needed to visit the latest edition of Kingpins New York, which celebrated its 10-year anniversary with an onsite party last night.
Highlights included the following:
• Cone Denim unveiled ConeTouch, a new super soft stretch option, and VaraBlue, a new dye process that is a sustainable option for colored denims.
• Integrated Denim Sourcing made its debut. The new brand is a co-operative of four companies (Grandtex, Wash House, DyStar and Eratex) and offers everything from product development to finishing.
• Blue Farm showed incredible dobby fabrics as well as an unique indigo corduroy
• Artistic Fabric Mills showed its non-fade EverDark and ForeverWash Collections, which do not fade even after 40 machine washings.
• Italy’s Candiani was all about its stretch offerings and highlighted its “faux rigid,” a denim that looks stiff but has some give thanks to modern technology.
For more on Kingpins, view the gallery…
|Back to home|