ebay online shopping platform
28 Oct. 2013
Ebay with new functions and a focus on local commerce
Shopping platform Ebay will launch a number of new functions and technologies to make its searching and buying process more personal. These include:
- “Collections”: Groups of products offered on Ebay which are assembled by selected curators as well as by Ebay buyers and sellers individually.
- “Curators”: Selected renowned people including names such as musicians Pharrell Williams and Solange Knowles, blogger Todd Selby or author Kelly Oxford, who arrange collection of cross-category products.
- “Follow”: An opportunity to personalise your Ebay feed by following selected collections, curators, users or interests.
- “Profiles”: A new page for buyers and sellers which can be customised individually. These share personal information, interests and are followed users/collections of the user.
- “Ebay Today”: A new page on Ebay which will present the daily selection of goods made by Ebays chief curator and editorial director Michael Phillips Moskowitz, founder of men’s shopping platform Bureau of Trade.
More information on the new Ebay functions can be found here: ebay.com/followitfindit. Moreover, the online marketplace has announced it will further expand its activities in the fields of local commerce. This includes extending the delivery service Ebay Now to 25 markets by the end of 2014. Amongst the new markets will be important congested urban areas in North America such as Chicago and Dallas. The service will be launched in selected international regions like London, U.K. at the start of 2014.
Ebay launched the Ebay Now service for iPhones, Android and Desktop Web in October 2012. It enables buyers to have products delivered from local stores in less than an hour. Other initiatives in local commerce will be the acquisition of Shutl, a market place that uses a network of couriers to deliver locally available products the same day, the introduction of in-store pickup, which enables customers to shop for products online on ebay.com and then pick them up in local stores, and the introduction of scheduled deliveries for Ebay Now.
All news and changes exclusively apply to the website www.ebay.com. Country-specific pages such as www.ebay.de are currently not affected.
|Back to home|